Microwave Biryani Recipe
TIME: 25 MIN
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed knob of butter seeds from 1 cardamom pod
- ¼ tsp. chilli flakes
- 140g rice
- 400ml vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. raisins or sultanas
- 200g vegetables of your choice, finely chopped or grated (try a combination of grated carrot, frozen peas, peppers in 1cm chunks or finely sliced mushrooms)
- Small handful of coriander or mint leaves, to serve
- Add the onions, garlic, butter, cardamom seeds and
the chilli flakes to a large microwaveable bowl and
cook in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Tip in
the rice and stock, along with the turmeric, cumin,
cinnamon and raisins. Stir well and then cover with
cling film, leaving a small gap for escaping steam.
- Place the bowl on top and cook for about 2 minutes.
Remove and stir, then leave to stand for 1 minute; it
will continue to cook even after it has been removed,
so allowing it to stand is really important.
- Repeat 2-3 more times until the rice is just cooked, the
last time adding your finely chopped veg to the bowl
and stirring through. Garnish with fresh coriander or
mint, to serve.
Try this Microwave Biryani recipe with the Tevo Bennett Read KMW110 20L Solo Microwave from our Luckys store:
Recipe from Tevo’s Bennett Read 20L Digital Microwave
Download recipe book below:
Tevo Microwave Recipe Book